Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sewing & Crochet classes

I just received the Spring-Summer class schedule at City Quilter and I’m excited to see that Polly Whitehorn is offering two ribbon embroidery classes—the intro one that I took in March and another beyond-basics class. I’m definitely registering for the intermediate class and maybe also the one on Contemporary Needlelace. Go to their website for a complete listing of classes.

I’ve also been looking into taking crochet classes. There are a bunch of places in the city that offer intro classes and the prices vary quite a bit. Sew Fast Sew Easy has an online video for $7.99 which is quite good. But for hands-on tutoring, I’m waffling between the classes at Purl SoHo ($85) and Lion Brand Yarn Studio ($50). Purl is the most expensive but it also has the smallest class size. At Lion Brand, you have to use their own branded yarns and threads.

I’ll post my decision once I register.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright 2012 Shubhani Sarkar